Welcome!

The purpose of this page is to enlighten, discuss, educate and communicate our continued exploration into the paranormal realm. Please bring your opinions and thoughts with you and comment as you see fit. While we invite everyone visiting the page to leave us a message, we will not tolerate any crude comments or rude behavior here. This journal is for everyone prepared to explore the paranormal with an open mind...
Click here to access our case files.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Lemp Secrets

If you haven’t had the pleasure of visiting the Lemp Mansion, I highly encourage you to do so. The building is beautiful, the food is fantastic and the wait staff is bar none. The fact that the mansion has been seeded with a somber past only sweetens the deal for me! I could continue going on about my love of this location, but I think you get the point. There was however one incident that, for a lack of a better description, I found odd. Yes, I know how this sounds. I was knowingly ghost hunting in a building where people took their own lives and yet I found something odd? But, this was different, I found something that I was not expecting. As we headed upstairs after our dinner, we stopped off in the gift shop. There are books and pictures, great historical pieces lining the shelves and feeling like we had stumbled upon a mini museum built inside a vault in the mansion, I was doing my best to soak up every inch of it.

As my eyes followed the outline of the glass display case I stopped suddenly, spotting something rather out of place. A human skull, charred, and left on display for all to see. Nestled high above your natural line of sight, you would almost miss it if you were not completely surveying the room. And once it had caught my eye, I had to ask, “Is that thing real?” Well if you’re lucky enough to engage in conversation with the same Lemp historian as we did, you will find out very quickly that yes, that thing is real! The little lady was proud to share the limited knowledge she had on the skull and though she was able to confirm that the skull was from an adult and that it was retrieved from the caves on the Lemp property, few other details were available because they refused to have the skull identified. Also she made it very clear that she felt whole heartedly that the skull held some type of wicked power. She admitted to us how strongly she felt that all of the terrible occurrences over the past decade were directly related to its unearthing. And for the next 20 minutes, she sat there recounting tragedy after tragedy that she felt had transpired through some type association with the skull. I can’t put her on record, nor can I validate that any of her claims are true. 

I find it peculiar that they have a human skull so inconspicuously on display and have very little knowledge on it, but even more glaringly unusual is the fact they intend to leave it as a mystery... If it is truly a human skull as they claim it to be, why wouldn’t they do the right thing and have it identified? Was our self taught historian correct in her assumptions that it contains some type of maliciousnous? I suppose this will remain with the many secrets kept by the ghosts at the Lemp Mansion as we will never truly know these answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment